The start to this week was a very shocking and sad one. Today we are all still reeling from the Vegas shooting, learning new information, hearing first-hand accounts of what happened and trying to processes the heartless and inhumane attack on people who were just trying to have fun at a concert. We are left with wondering how our government is going to take action so we feel safer in our communities and we are all looking for ways to help in any way that we can. It has been amazing to see how people rally together in the face of terrorism and pull resources to help fellow Americans out. Something we can all do to help: donate to GoFundMe account for victims of the attack. Anything helps and you know the money is going directly to the person it is made for. In the face of tragedy, it is hard to know how to move forward but I think doing what you can to help as well as staying busy and focused on your job, your passions, your family, and friends help. As hard as it is, life continues and being positive and open is all you can do.
I wanted you guys to get to know me better because I am always striving to be more open so I thought it would be fun to do a list of
- I am the youngest in my family. I have a sister, Erin, that is 7 years older than me and a brother, Kyle, that is 4 years older than me.
- My family owns a construction company called F.C. Batton and Sons and my brother is the 5th generation that will be taking it over.
- I have a huge fear of getting blood drawn and getting shots. Basically, anything that involves needles. Even if I see it on tv I feel faint and get really squeamish. I have been like this my whole life and two of my cousins are the same way so it runs in the family.
- I grew up in Maryland but decided to go to Arizona State for college. It was the scariest and hardest thing I have ever done but ended up being the best decision I ever made. I met my husband and some of the best friends I could ask for. Those 4 years were some of the best of my life so far.
- My husband and I have been together for 9 years this month but only married for 4 months on the 17th.
- I have always wanted to go skydiving – it is on my bucket list!
- I eat everything and anything – I have never been picky and I love trying new things.
- My husband and I love to watch cooking competitions! Master Chef Junior is our all-time favorite!
- My least favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I still drive the car that I got when I turned 16! It is a black 2005 Ford Escape and it came with me to Arizona and California and has been through many cross-country road trips but it is still going strong!
- Interior decorating is a passion of mine.
- I am addicted to audiobooks.
- The first concert I went to was a Shania Twain concert with some of my girlfriends and our moms in a limo!
- I grew up in a very rural area of Maryland.
- One of my first jobs was working at a snowball stand.
- I love going to Chicago (especially in the summers) to see my husbands family and my best friends from college – It is my second home.
- My blog came to life because when we decided to move back to Maryland there were no fashion design jobs here and I needed a creative outlet to express my love for fashion.
- My dream is to have my own clothing line one day – I went to FIDM and learned the whole process so I am determined to make my dream come true!
- I have an obsession with post-it notes. I love the satisfaction of crumpling it up and throwing it away after I have completed the tasks written on it. (I get this from my mom!)
- I eat as clean as I can as often as I can. Healthy eating is very important to me. (I get this from my mom as well!)
- In college, I majored in Family and Human Development and my plan was to go to school to become a psychologist but decided to follow my passion for fashion instead.
- I am thinking about getting my first tattoo in honor of our dog Beni who has just recently passed.
- I am a true believer in karma.
- I am so excited to start a family and give my nephew, Carson, cousins.
- My blog is my happy place and I love all of my followers so much. I will never post anything on here that I am not 100% behind and I promise to always be open and honest with you guys.
There you have it, I hope you learned something new about me! Now I want to learn about you, leave a comment below letting me know something to get to know you better!
I am loving this dress, it is one of those pieces you can throw on and feel confident that you look great every time! The tie front is such a unique detail and it is adjustable depending on how tight you would like it to be which I really like. It is only $39 and comes in navy as well, such a great price point for such a cute dress! This shoot was from a week ago when the weather was still in the high 80’s but as fall approaches I will be pairing it was a leather jacket and OTK boots or a bomber jacket and booties! This necklace is from my mother in law and it is the perfect pop of color to go with the dress, these mules have been on repeat lately and they are so comfortable! Links to the dress and necklace are below as well as some coats that would go with this dress in the fall! Two pairs of the shoes I am selling on Poshmark that would look great with this outfit are linked below! They are super affordable and lightly worn! I am always making sure I can wear the things I buy more than one way so I get my money’s worth!