We had such a beautiful day yesterday and now we are back to regularly scheduled programming – gloomy weather. But Spring will be here soon and I can’t wait, I forgot how badly I need sunshine and Vitamin D in my life to keep me going, it makes me so happy! I am so thankful to be able to experience all of the seasons because once I start to get sick of one the next is around the corner.
Last week was a pretty stressful one for me and there were a few facts that led to it, but I learned a lot from the experience. Between working for myself and taking on all that goes along with that as well as some family things that have been going on I needed to take some time to get myself back together. We all have moments where we are overwhelmed with everything that is going on, as we juggle so many different things in life it is bound to happen. Life has its highs and lows and I am learning how to move through the lows to be able to enjoy the highs. The most important thing to do when going through the hard times is identifying exactly what the issue(s) is to be able to deal with it and move on. It takes time to be able to do that but at some point I get clarity which is very helpful. It could be something very small and easy to change and move forward from or it could be something bigger that takes more time to work out but it is always worth doing. I am sharing 10 ways I have been doing to manage the stress of life below.
10 Ways I Try To Manage My Stress (in no particular order)
1. I use the app called Headspace to meditate once a day – sticking with this ritual every day allows me to take the time I need to clear my thoughts and stay ahead of the stress. I have learned some really amazing tools that I use in my daily life.
2. I talk to someone (usually my husband) about whats going on to sort out my feelings – I am the type of person that needs to have a conversation because hearing another person’s thoughts help me to see another perspective on the situation which is usually very insightful.
3. A huge stress reliever used to be my dog, Beni. But since he is not here anymore (which is a whole other stress in itself) I have found that my nephew, Carson has taken over that role. The incredible happiness I feel when I am with him just washes away any stress I am feeling and totally refreshes me.
4. Keeping things in perspective – there is always someone that is having a worse go at it than I am and there are bigger issues in the world. I don’t do this to diminish what is going on with me, I do it to keep myself grounded and remember that I have my health, my family and I can get through anything with those things.
5. I try to focus on doing something nice for someone else – being there for someone else always gets my mind off of what I have going on and makes me feel happy. It can be something so small like bringing flowers to those who needs a pick me up to volunteering and serving others who are less fortunate. Either way, stepping outside of yourself is a great way to de-stress.
6. Working out – lately, it has been running outside and completely zoning out. It is the best therapy EVER and has done wonders for my stress, burns my energy and helps to increase my confidence because I am doing something good for myself!
7. Eating healthy – fueling my body with clean and whole foods keeps me feeling good physically and mentally. Cutting out the refined sugar and processed foods help with mental clarity and make me feel so much better!
8. Plan a girls night – sometimes I just need to go out with my friends and let loose. I like to make sure in these moments I am surrounding myself with positive, humorous and fun friends that I always have a great time with! It takes my mind off the stress and I am creating amazing memories with girlfriends that I love.
9. A change of scenery – sometimes getting out of your everyday life and spending time at a family members house or getting a hotel for the night does so much good! It helps me to not think about the same things over and over again breaks the pattern of thoughts.
10. Listening to my favorite playlist – music makes my heart so happy and sometimes I just need to put it on and dance around while cleaning or folding laundry. It lifts my spirits and melts the stress away!
My sweater is on super sale and I sized up for a comfy fit. I love the back opening with the pink satin ribbon and the confetti look on the sweater is so fun, it looks neutral but has little pops of color! These jeans and shoes are staples in my closet and a must have for spring! Links to check them all out are below!
These earrings from Meritage are my favorite! I love how dainty they are yet they make such a statement, they would go with anything! These beauties are on my wishlist for sure. If you have not checked out Meritage Jewelers yet you have to go in and say hi! They have such amazing jewelry!