10 Skincare Lessons I Have Learned
It has taken me 29 years to really find a skincare and makeup regime that works for my skin and lifestyle. In the past, I have always used whatever products I could get my hands on and that was usually just some makeup remover and moisturizer – I have never had terrible skin issues so I got away with it for a long time. A few years ago Steve and I moved back to Baltimore from California and when that happened I had skin issues like never before. I saw lots of pimples, super dry skin and redness, I was not used to it so I ignored it and waited for it to go away. It didn’t so I really started to be more conscious about what I was putting on my skin and in my body. Fast forward to today and I finally feel like I am using the best products for my skin and I am a freak about it now! I also make sure to eat healthy as much as I can and I drink as much water as possible! Obviously, there are days when I indulge and forget to drink water but that is life, I just restart again the next day!
So here are 10 skincare lessons I have learned over the years:
1. Always take off your makeup and moisturize before bed
2. It is just as important to be careful about what you put in your body as what you put on your body
3. Take care of your skin now to prevent bad skin later
4. Put on SPF every morning
5. The better you take care of your skin the less makeup you need to cover up imperfections
6. Allow yourself to splurge a bit on skincare – it is worth it
7. Skincare regimes take time and consistency to work – put in the work to see the results!
8. Don’t be afraid to put oil on your face – it protects and calms your skin while majorly hydrating!
9. Drink lots of water to glow from the inside out
10. Natural ingredients work with your skin and heal deeply showing long-term benefits
Full Breakdown of Products
I have put together a full breakdown of my skincare products, my makeup routine, my wishlist and products that are necessary for summertime! There are clickable links below each of the collages correlating with the numbers to get more details.
Current Skincare Favorite
First up is my current skincare favorites. I use all of these products for different reasons, some I use every day and some only a few times a week. But I highly recommend all of them! CLICK HERE to check out a previous blog post to get some more details on some of these products and click the links below to head to the site to purchase!
1. Eye Makeup Remover / 2. Makeup Remover Wipes / 3. Charcoal Mask / 4. Cream Exfoliant / 5. Cream Cleanser / 6. Moisture Serum / 7. Eye Rescue Cream / 8. Moisture Lotion / 9. Sleeping Cream / 10. Facial Oil / 11. Facial Mist / 12. Lip Conditioner / 13. Night Cream / 14. Day Cream
My Makeup Routine
Since January I have slowly switched out my makeup products to make sure I am putting the best of the best on my face! It has taken a few months to truly find the products that work well but I am so glad that I did! Now when I put makeup on it is to enhance my features instead of cover up imperfections and I feel good about what I am wearing all day! These products are numbered in the order I use them and this is when I am doing a full face of glam. CLICK HERE to check out a past blog post on most of these products with more details on how I use them!
1. Tint Skin Foundation / 2. Eyeshadow Palette / 3. Liquid Eyeliner / 4. Eyeliner Pencil / 5. Concealer Pen / 6. Eyebrow Pencil / 7. Matte Bronzer / 8. Mattifying Powder / 9. Lip Conditioner / 10. Lip Liner / 11. Lip Sheer – Twig / 12. Rosewater Mist / 13. Makeup Brushes / 14. Beauty Blender
Product Wishlist & Summer Essentials
There are still some products I cannot wait to try and I wanted to share them below! This process of switching over takes time so I have been patient in the transition to make sure I don’t break the bank. As my wallet allows and some of my other products dwindle I will be picking these up! I am also sharing a few of my summer essentials, SPF is essential and these products are the best of the best!I have been stocking up to make sure I am protected from sun damage because that is most important!
1. Plumping Facial Mask / 2. Cleansing Milk / 3. Toner Pads / 4. Body Moisturizer / 5. Jet Lag Mask / 6. All Over Sunscreen / 7. Protect Stick Sunscreen / 8. Protect Stick Face Sunscreen / 9. Dew Skin SPF Foundation
If you have any question about these products above leave them in the comments below or send me an email, I would love to chat with you about them!